It is a great privilege to be able to serve as Principal of Tarrington Lutheran School for 2019. Having been involved in Lutheran Schools for all my teaching career I have an understanding of their ethos and culture and how important that is for the provision of a quality and caring education.
Previous experience as a teacher in Hahndorf (SA) and Wagga Wagga (NSW), and then as Principal at Portland (Vic) and Lobethal (SA), followed by 3 years in Tanunda (SA) as Deputy and teaching, has allowed me to be a part of a system where staff are genuinely committed to making a positive difference educationally, socially, emotionally and spiritually in children’s lives.
Tarrington Lutheran School has much to offer and we are proud to share some of this on this website.
Here at the school we believe that:
- each child is a precious child of God
- all children are unique and made in the image of Christ
- children are a gift from God to parents
- teachers are privileged to assist parents in the nurture and growth of children
- our school must provide school life which is supportive, safe and joyful
- each member of staff has responsibility to pass on a Christian philosophy of life, through both word and action
- it is the duty of each member of staff to love and encourage students in their care and assist in their development of self esteem, for learning and personal growth
- in love, it is the school’s responsibility to provide student with guidelines and boundaries so they are secure and protected within the school environment
- our school must provide child-centred learning which stimulates a desire for life long learning, personal achievement and service to the community
- a Christian environment is integral to all learning within our school.